Permits & Waivers


​Researchers are responsible for obtaining the necessary permits from the appropriate agencies (Cal Fish and Game, USDA, BLM, USFS, NPS, etc.) before arriving at VESR. Research on wild vertebrates must also be coordinated through IACUC. Please visit Research using wild invertebrates for further details.

Waiver or Liability

Each non-UC, overnight visitor to the reserve must sign and return a release agreement prior to visiting the reserve. Release agreements for minors must be signed by then parent or legal guardian. It is the responsibility of the group leader (the person who signs the application) to find out who in their group must sign a release agreement and to insure that they are on file with the reserve director prior to the proposed visit.

VESR waiver for Adults (18 years and older - DocuSign, Electronic signature)

VESR waiver for Minors (less than 18 years old - DocuSign, electronic signature)

VESR waiver - English (PDF format)

VESR waiver - Español (PDF format)