Valentine Camp, SNARL and the associated facilities are available to all academic, non-profit, government agencies and community groups that fall within the constraints of our mission (education, research, public service). Day visits, overnight stays, housing and camping reservations, meeting room, classroom, field and laboratory and space must be booked in advance using the UC NRS Reserve Application Management System (RAMS). Applications and reservations should be submitted at least three weeks prior to the intended visit.
Code of Conduct
- All participants, visitors, staff, students, faculty, and vendors are to be treated with respect and consideration, valuing a diversity of views and opinions.
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- We are living in a small community, where respect for each other and the place is required.
- Alert station or campus personnel if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
- Harassment, intimidation or discrimination in any form.
- Physical or verbal abuse of any participants, visitors, staff, students, faculty, vendors, neighbors, or other field station guests.
- Verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin.
- Unwelcome physical contact.
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in field station spaces.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol or other behavior-alterning substances
- Threatening or stalking any participants, visitors, staff, students, faculty, vendors, neighbors, or other field station guests.