Field Trip and Class Use Applications:
Logon to http://rams.ucnrs.org/ and follow the instructions to complete an application.
A separate application must be submitted for each visit.
The Reserve Director will be notified automatically and will review the application.
The application is not approved until the applicant is notified by the Reserve Director.
The group leader is responsible for identifying group members who might sign a waiver and ensure waivers are on file. Each participant is aware of reserve policies and guidelines listed on the application and in the information packet on the application website.
Contact the Education Coordinator, Anne Barrett, at (805) 893-5655 or by email for instructions.
Every non-exempt visitor to the Reserve must download, sign, and submit a signed Waiver of Liability to the Reserve Director prior to arrival at the Reserve.
Waivers are available for download. For Valentine Camp see http://rams.ucnrs.org/Public/Information/Main.lasso?SessionID=1675479426&ARReserveID=15.
Exempt visitors are:
- UC employees acting within the course and scope of their employment.
- UC students who are supervised by the faculty/instructor on a field trip to a reserve.
- Members of the public who visit reserves for a public event advertised to the general public.
- Persons with a legal right to enter a reserve under a contract or other legal document (e.g., conractors).
- Non-UC employees who enter a reserve within the course and scope of their employment (e.g. utility workers).
- Family members or personal guests of resident reserve staff, and past/potential donors, provided they are under close supervision of reserve staff.
- Waivers conform to legal standards and cannot be altered in any way.
- We cannot accept electronic signatures.
- Waivers for minors must be signed by the parent or legal guardian.
- The group leader is responsible to find out who in their group must sign a Waiver and to insure they are on file.